- Patrons must be registered borrowers of MAIN in order to place a hold.
- Residents of Lambertville and Milford Borough may not make requests through the Hunterdon County Library unless they have purchased a non-resident card.
- All Inter-Library Loan requests made by Flemington Borough patrons must originate from Flemington Free Public Library.
Items owned by the Hunterdon County Library:
- Patrons may have a total of twenty-five (25) requests at any one time.
- Patrons may place their own holds using the MAIN online catalog, or they may submit a request through the library.
- Requests will be taken for most library materials except for periodicals.
- Requests are processed by date of submission.
- Patrons will be notified by phone, email, or text when an item arrives at the specific location. A second notification will be made if the item is not picked up after two days.
- Items will be held at the pick-up library for five operating days.
- Patrons wishing to pick up items on hold for another patron must present the card of that patron. Spouses may pick up each other’s holds if they have their spouses card. A spouse who does not have their spouse’s card can pick up a hold only if there is a note on their spouse’s card giving them permission.
Items not owned by the Hunterdon County Library:
- Patrons may have three active Inter-Library Loan (ILL) requests at one time.
- Requests received for items not owned by the Hunterdon County Library will be forwarded to the appropriate department for consideration for purchase.
- Patrons requesting specific journal articles should include complete citations as per photocopy request form. Photocopy charges incurred will be charged to the patron.
- Microfilm and microfiche may be requested through Inter-Library Loan and will most often involve a fee. The Inter-Library Loan Department should be contacted for these arrangements. All films must be viewed at Headquarters.