Makerspace Volunteer Guides
The Hunterdon County Library is looking for people who are passionate about creativity, who love to learn and like to teach and assist people in the use of Makerspace equipment.
Makerspace Volunteer Guides will become the resident experts in the use of one or more pieces of Makerspace equipment. They will work along side staff to introduce the Makerspace to interested walk-ins, explain the orientation and training process, assist makerspace users with the equipment, report equipment issues to the Library staff, and suggest changes and additions to the Makerspace. When not helping patrons, Makerspace guides can work on their own projects.
Interest applicants should be familiar with the Makerspace Use Agreement before applying.
● A positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and cultural sensitivity working with patrons, coworkers and community.
● A great sense of humor :)
● Demonstrate basic understanding and a potential for growth in the use of one or more pieces of Makerspace equipment.
● Must be at least 18 years of age
● Reliable attendance in the workplace for one or more 3-hour open sessions per month.
● Demonstrates a professional, positive, cooperative, team-oriented working relationship with co-workers and volunteers.
● Stays current on Library policies, processes, procedures and technologies required to perform work duties
● Attends and participates in volunteer events and job training.
● Maintains safety protocols around tools, many of which might be sharp or hot.
● Physical requirements: will be required to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, pull/push up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
● Access to hand tools and power tools with basic training required.
● Training given on volunteer’s equipment of choice
● Equipment includes a laser cutter, 3D printers, kiln & pottery wheel, direct to garment printer, sublimation printer, CNC, sewing machines, serger, and embroidery machine, photography equipment, electronics, hand tools and more.
● During quiet periods, Makerspace guides are encouraged to work on their own maker projects.
314 State Route 12, Bldg. #3
Flemington, NJ 08822