- Full MAIN borrowing privileges are available to residents of Hunterdon County except for residents of Lambertville, Milford and Flemington Boroughs.
- Children under the age of 17 must have their registration cards signed by a parent or guardian.
- Proof of a Hunterdon County address is required at time of registration.
- Library cards must be renewed every three years; proof of address is required for card renewal.
- Library materials are due by the date shown on the receipt presented to the patron at check out or in patron record.
- Library records are confidential; patron must have library card in order to obtain a list of items checked out or on request.
- A book drop is located at the entrance of each library for return of books and audio visual materials. Items may be returned to any HCL or MAIN library.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when books are eight weeks overdue or fines of $10.00 or more are owed.
- Items may be renewed for up to two (2) loan periods: the new date is calculated from the renewal date NOT the original due. Items which have requests on them are not available for renewal. If a patronís card is blocked for check out, items will not renew.
- Patrons may request books and other materials that are not immediately available. Requests may be placed online, over the phone or in person at the library. Requests for items will be filled in order of receipt and borrowers will be notified when reserved materials become available. Requested material will be held for 5 days.
- Patrons may have up to 25 requests at any one time.
- Patrons must have the library card of the person for whom the item is being held in order to check out item.
- Items not owned by MAIN will be considered for purchase or Inter Library Loan. Items published or released during the current year may not be immediately available for Inter Library Loan.
Borrowing Periods for Select Items:|
- Compact Discs
- New Adult Books
- Holiday Books
- New Adult Books on CD
- Most Juvenile Books
- Most Adult Books on CD
- Most Large Print Books
- Juvenile Books on CD
- The fine for most overdue materials is 10 cents/operating day for each item with the following exceptions:
|20 cents/operating day:
- Adult 14-day books
- NEW Adult books on CD
- Holiday books
- Interlibrary loan items
- In the event of lost or damaged materials, charges may include all of the following: the cost of the item and any overdue charges that have accrued.
- Maximum fines of $5.00 on all items.